2023; what a year! This year brought growth, challenges, excitement, and lots of biscuits! We want to take a minute to reflect on everything that happened in 2023 and look ahead to all the excitement in 2024!
2023 marked tremendous growth for The Big Biscuit. We opened 2 new locations – Owasso and Midwest City and prepared for new franchisees, Terry and Amy Sims, who will be opening the first Big Biscuit in Fayetteville Arkansas in 2024!
In 2023 we served 1,141,396 million BIG Biscuits to hungry guests! How many did you have?
Making a Big Impact
In 2023 we committed ourselves to investing in our communities more than ever before! This took shape in several ways.
- In Kansas City, we kicked off 2023 with a Blood Drive through the Community Blood Center. There, we raised 41 units of blood saving 137 lives.
- In Oklahoma, we held the Stuff the Bus campaign which collected school supplies for underprivileged kids in the Tulsa and Oklahoma City areas. This event had a great turnout and we were able to help hundreds of kiddos get school supplies for the year.
- In the fall we visited Harvesters the Community Food Network and packaged over 2,000 lbs. of fresh produce for families across Kansas and Missouri.
- Around the holiday season, we buckled in with Q104 to support the 5th Annual Pajama Jam. This year’s Pajama Jam was majorly successful, across our KC Metro Big Biscuit locations we collected over 2,700 pairs of pjs for the kiddos of Operation Breakthrough. We also had the opportunity to tour Operation Breakthrough’s facility and were blown away by the work they’re doing here in the KC community! We look forward to continuing to support them in the coming years and collect even more pajamas!
- December also marked our second time to partner with HCA Health Centers and provide breakfast for Santa at the NICU at Research Medical Center, Overland Park Regional Medical Center, and Centerpoint Medical Center! This event serves as a bit of joy to the families spending the holidays in the NICU at these world-class facilities. We again, want to thank all of the hardworking doctors and nurses who provide around-the-clock care to these families.
- Finally, 2023 was filled with amazing collaborations with local schools including – Staley, Sunflower Elementary, Blue Valley Northwest, Mill Valley, Lawrence Free State, Missouri State University, Kickapoo High, and Edmond Public Schools.
In 2024 we look forward to connecting with the community even more. If you have a way for us to make an impact in your school or organization, you can contact us at https://bigbiscuit.com/the-big-biscuit-is-big-on-community/ and complete the Donation Request form. While we unfortunately can’t fulfill every request, we do our best to help out in as many ways as we possibly can.
New Menu Items
2023 brought some tasty additions to the Big Biscuit Menu! We welcomed the instant classic, Darkside Pancake – a chocolate overload with enough sugar to satisfy the sweetest of sweet tooths! Next, we added the scrumptious Southern Sunrise French Toast! Finally, we had a rockin’ limited-time offer in the Oddfellow – buffalo chicken strips on French toast with syrup….just trust us!!
National Biscuit and Gravy Day
The Big Biscuit celebrated National Biscuit and Gravy Day on December 14th. This was our first year observing the oh-so-important day, and to commemorate we gave away a $150 Gift Card to one lucky winner on Instagram! We look forward to going even bigger next year!
We were honored this year with several awards across Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma. The Big Biscuit was awarded Kansas City’s Best Breakfast for the 3rd year in a row, in The Pitch KC. Additionally, we won Best Breakfast in Kansas City Magazine and took the bronze medal in the Tulsa World Competition! These awards are all voted on by you, and we can’t thank you enough for your continued support. We love waking up early each morning to prepare breakfast for you and your families, coworkers, and communities. So, from the bottom of our hearts, thank you to everyone who recognized our passion for breakfast and voted.
Well, as 2023 closes – we thank you all for your continued support! We couldn’t do it without you, Biscuit Nation. So next year, keep being awesome, keep being unique, and keep striving after your BIG dreams…and if you get hungry along the way, we’ll be ready with a cup of coffee and a hot plate of breakfast along the way.